Not sure what triggered this but my brain is taking its own trip down memory lane today, instead of writing.
Does anyone else remember:
- Tying your spending money/Sunday school offering in a handkerchief?
- How scary the Wicked Witch of the West was?
- Polishing your mary janes with Vaseline?
- Setting your hair on pincurls?
- Toni home perms?
- Dabbing vanilla behind your ears, pretending it was perfume?
- Eating creamed tuna on toast?
- Butter sandwiches?
- Being able to turn a knob to turn on the TV?
- Believing your friend when she said there’s no Santa but hearing sleigh bells anyway when you went to bed on Christmas Eve?
I remember Fizzies! (and the TV knob and the Toni home perms)
I do, too! Thanks for the walk down memory lane.
I remember the TV knobs, but I was more afraid of the flying monkeys.
I can sing at least part of the Fizzies commercial…
Oh, Marcia — do sing it! I don’t remember the commercial at all. Just the lovely fizz of the drink.